Friday, March 12, 2010

MCMAP

So this past week I did MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) and I test out and got my grey belt which is the next level up.

It was a very painful and action packed experience. I did learn how to do an arm bar from the mount and the guard which is pretty cool.

On Wednesday we boxed... which I have learned that I would rather lose the fight than beat up on someone I know. I had to fight two girls. I was so much bigger than they were. It was exactly evenly matched... and thats all I have to say about that.

Then I fought a guy. He had the reach and weight advantage on me. So my logic was... if I can't beat him standing up I will give it a shot and take him to the ground... the only problem is it is hard to fight on the ground with boxing gloves.

Needless to say it was fun and, as I said before, I advanced up a belt which is exciting.

This morning I shadowed Cpl Castillo on the radio. That was pretty fun. I even got a call in that complimented me which was exciting. I had a couple mess ups... but nothing too serious. The 9 year olds calling in and requesting songs was kind of a pain.

Anyways... I hope to head to the "city" tonight (Naha) and get some good food and good pictures. If not I promise to get some more pictures soon.

Well that is all for now... wish everyone back in the states the best.

Reporting from AFN Okinawa, I'm LCpl Meredith Watts.

1 comment:

  1. Badass. This reminds me of the time you and Mitch wrestled outside Ehringhaus.

    -- Matt W.

    ReplyDelete