Thursday, July 14, 2011

Pacific to Atlantic

Mom and I in downtown Wilmington before heading to see the Battleship USS North Carolina.

Gil and I posing on the battleship.

Would you like a large, medium or small Marine? At "Senior Prom" at a nursing and rehabilitation center in Jacksonville, N.C.

I cook farely often for Gil... this is my taco ring of glory.

Gil and I before he had one of his tests run.

Mom and I. She had shoulder surgery and I had the skin melted off of the palm of my hand while running the obstacle course in the N.C. sun.

Gil and I walking back after hitching a ride to McDonalds while camping on Carolina Beach. We didn't exactly plan for breakfast the following morning.

It has certainly been a while since my last post, but with good reason.

I have moved from Okinawa to North Carolina and I am station in Jacksonville now doing public affairs instead of television and radio. The change was hard at first, but I got back into the swing of things to say the least. I have learned that if you continue to screw up stories and photos, you will EVENTUALLY get them right.

It is crazy finally getting my own apartment and shiz set up. But, as fate would have it, right when Gil is ready to move down here and we finally have everything in place, I am going to have to leave my humble abode to deploy. For operational security reasons, I will not post where/when I am headed, but if you want to know just ask me or my parents. No worries though folks, the blog will pick back up when I am deployed.

So Gil should be moving down here next week (hopefully) and we will actually get to live together for like a whole MONTH! Exciting I know. I figure after 30 days with me he will be ready for me to leave again anyways. Haha.

I'm sure you want to know what we've been doing and things of that nature, but honestly I can't remember. Everything is such a blur. One thing I do know is that starting an apartment and/or house is freaking expensive, but it is definitely worth it in the end.

Also, we made our first big purchase together and bought a charcoal 2011 GMC Terrain. It about made both of us sick to spend that much money, but I think we are definitely enjoying the car....maybe a little too much. 6,000 miles in just 2 months!

Mom had her shoulder surgery. The recovery process has been difficult for her, so prayers are appreciated. Gil has his gall bladder removed July 22, prayers are appreciated there too.

I have the rifle range next week. I am super stoked to get to shoot with the aycog (I don't actually know if that is how you spell that or not). It should make my third time qualifying expert as easier than the first two ;).

Anyways, aside from travelling across the state, meeting new friends, checking out Wilmington and well starting our lives together things have been rather boring, but that's just the way I like it.

Speaking of milestones, we recently celebrated our one year anniversary on July 10th. Awesome, I know.

Well I think I am starting to ramble and don't really know what I am going to talk about right now. So I will leave you with this: newriverrotovue.com. click on the newspaper looking thing in the top right corner and you can check out all the happenings at MCAS New River and read my awesome stories.

Hope everyone is well. My humour and wit will return along with my TMO shipment from Okinawa. I think it's "somewhere in the Pacific."

Take care and I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment